On the Teen Kids News T-V program Feb 22, 2015, Andrea, a student at the Culinary Institute of America demonstrated how to make French Toast with a Twist. Here is the recipe for you to try yourself! It looked really good to me. Or was I just hungry!
French Toast With a Twist Recipe
- Use a knife to cut a pocket inside a piece of bread that’s about an inch thick.
- Mix 4 ounces of cream cheese, ¼ cup of strawberry jam, one spoonful of nuts and a pinch of salt.
- Use a spoon to add the filling you just mixed into the bread pocket.
- Whisk four eggs, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 cup of milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Place stuffed bread into batter and coat both sides.
- Take battered bread and place into pan.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Feel free to add pecans, fruit and maple syrup to spice it up!