This is a great little recipe we saw in a Sunday magazine somewhere. We have since lost the magazine and can’t give proper credit. We tried the recipe, it was so good that we scribbled down the ingredients and have since enjoyed it regularly. This is a great salad that you should try whenever you can get fresh peaches.
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 pound peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 ½ pounds tomatoes, sliced and/or diced
- 1 tbs. red wine vinegar
- 3 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbs. small basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
Combine the onion, peaches and tomatoes in a bowl.
Whisk together elsewhere the vinegar, olive oil, honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour this over the fruit bowl, add the cheese and basil and gently toss.
Serves about 4.